SEE WHAT YOU SHOULD LOOK FORWARD TO:
1.Upgrading of skill and professional certification.
2. Enhance your employability.
3. Acquisition of professional Diploma which is adequate for top-up degree programmes and post-graduate studies (PGD/Msc).
4. Meeting legal requirement for practice thereby enhancing self-confidence.
5. Opportunity for full sponsorship for a Master's degree in Public Relations in a world-class British University if you are one of the outstanding participants of the programme.
6. Global competitiveness.
7. Enhanced marketability and job satisfaction.
8. Personal fulfillment.
9. Soft landing if you have been practicing without the prescribed statutory registration with the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations.
10. Convenient and speedy study arrangement. You will be through in only 2 months of weekend (Saturdays-10am to 5pm and Sundays- 12noon to 7pm) study or 10 days of Full-time study. Applicants from outside Lagos can use their annual leave period to run the full-time programme unless they prefer to find a way to accommodate the weekend programme.
11. Membership of a rich and lifelong global network for career and business success (decision makers in both the public and private sectors are coming as participants).
12. Location not a hinderance: come from any town, only 9 days of (full-time) classroom study or attend wekends only sessions and qualify in only 2 months.
13. You work while you study to enhance your competence and catapult yourself to the top.
Click on www.fasteducation.org.uk/scholarship if you desire to take advantage of the scholarship scheme for low income earners.
Nature and Objective of the Programme
i.The Programme is a compulsory 'window of opportunity' for non registered members of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations to join its fold and meet legal requirement for registration as Public Relations practitioners in Nigeria. It is a compulsory Accelerated Certification Training (ACT) programme to enable all affected individuals achieve professional membership of the Institute and before prosecution of quacks in Public Relations practice in Nigeria begins.
ii.The Programme is distinct from the Institute's regular examination programme. On successful completion of this programme, participants shall write the exam detailed here.
Qualifications for Enrolment
It is open to individuals with relevant work experience plus 5 credits at GCE O'Level including English Language or possession of HND/BA/B.Sc or equivalent (NYSC members and final year students in the university and polytechnics are eligible), and present members of the Institute who desire to upgrade their skills. Those who do not meet the minimum requirement for admission will write the admission test which you can take any Saturday between 3 and 5pm. The test lasts an hour and is free. Your test can be conducted on telephone if you are outside Lagos.It is a test you can pass if you earned your School Certificate through diligent study. It is advisable you visit at that period if your circumstance is peculiar so your case can be attended to by the Programme Administrator who will be available to answer your question.
Qualifications for Induction
i Minimum of 80% Attendance at this Mandatory Programme.
ii. Success in the professional Diploma Examination
iii. Endorsement of Application by Programme Administrator (as proof of possession of PR values).
iv. Full payment of participation fee.
v. The decision of the NIPR on qualification for induction is final and the Institute will not enter into any correspondence with any participant as to the decision taken.
Study Duration And Location
Click here for details.
It's a total experience. Even your kids are welcome at times. The programme blends theory with practice and ensures you take more than certification away. One of the items in the basket the programme will deliver to you is a rich network that includes professionals from diverse fields. Lawyers, Pastors, Marketers, HR and PR practitioners, Broadcasters and other journalists, Advertising Practitioners and other communicators as well as entrepreneurs and key players in Government and the corporate world participated in the earlier batchs. They came from organizations like AERO Contractors, OANDO, ECO Bank, Centre Spread, Redeemed Christian Church of God, Lagos State Government, Delta State Government, ValuCard, Interswitch, Negris, Intels, NIgerian Insurance Commission, NNPC, ICPC, Nigerian Army, Radio Nigeria, STV, Thisday, The Nation, Superscreen, PHCN, Irua Specialist (Teaching) Hospital, and Olabisi Onabajo University Teaching Hospital, Leadership Newspapers, Daily Trust, Ovation International, Hot FM, Abuja, and Promasidor. Fresh graduates, Postgraduates, and soon-to-graduate university students who are preparing for super jobs and self employment also participated. Classes available are stated at www.fasteducation.org.uk/scholarship. A world-class Development Communicator, Career Strategist, and Master Trainer is coordinating the programme (www.fasteducation.org.uk/administrators-profile). Get the transformative experience. Sign up now to guarantee a seat for yourself (see www.fasteducation.org.uk/scholarship on how to register).