NOTES AND TIPS
EFFECTIVE PARTICIPATION IN NIPR ACT INDUCTION
1. The event will hold as scheduled (see www.fasteducation.org.uk/act-result/update )
2. Participation is pre-registered and this applies to both the inductee and his/her guest (see www.fasteducation.org.uk/act-result/induction ). Security Operatives in both uniform and plain clothes will not grant access if one’s name is not on the list of Inductees or Guests. Grace period for signing up ends at 3pm on Thursday, June 7, 2012.
3. This is a one-off project meaning it will not be repeated. Induction means that one declares before the President of the Institute and other witnesses that one has willingly accepted to practice Public Relations in Nigeria in accordance with the prescribed ethics of the profession. Certificate of membership is collected only after this public declaration.
4. Only those who participate in rehearsals beginning at 9am on the day of the event can be inducted. The time for guests to arrive remains 11am.
5. Those who deposited money for books on Branding and Marketing can pick them up at the Induction venue. They are 28 in number which is below the minimum of 50 required for the importation from the UK. The 50 have been ordered following a loan facility. The difference of 22 can be picked up on a first come first served basis. The books are meant for those on the job or future practitioners who want to be at the cutting-edge of the profession. Call the Programme Administrator on 08023249654 before you make payment to guarantee that copies will be available for you.
6. The event has been painstakingly put together as a major contribution to your career advancement and national development. It will provide you opportunity to learn, network, contribute and find inspiration to do and achieve the extra-ordinary. The organizers have gone this far because we believe that God is willing to use us to affect our generation and posterity positively. We have passed the stage of debating anything about the event. Do whatever you can to be part of this history.
7. Where there is a will, the way usually emerges. Do not sabotage your career and future. This is the time to demonstrate responsibility and internal locus of control. As you reflect on whether or not you should delay gratification to attend, provide a sincere answer to the question: If some people have gone the extra mile to shorten my journey to career fulfillment and a peaceful life, who loses if I don’t attend the event where this new beginning will start? Call the Programme Administrator on 08023249654 (7-8am or 9-10pm) if you need any help.